By: Sonny Zulhuda
Among the interesting findings that they presented were:
- ‘Cookies’ enjoys permanent mention in all the companies assessed. That makes the policies sound ‘tasty’ at lest.
- One regional airline company collects personal data through surveys by third parties.
- A renowned international e-payment company provides that they ‘cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk.’
- A local telecommunication company may share customers data to some related parties, including to ‘others’.
- A local online auction company lacks mainly on the fact that they collect some data which may be deemed unnecessary and extensive.
- Like many other online companies, a social networking company does not inform clearly how long they keep personal data.
Overall, the presentation was going well and kudos for everyone who had contributed to the presentation and discussion today.
That was a good practicing, thanks dear lecturer, and also i do not have any comment from you yet, to be sure if my blog is OK or not. thanks for your consideration. arezoo amiri